Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just installed a 1.25 inch body lift and a 1inch m/m lift. On my test drive, I noticed my transmission doesn't want to go into 2nd, 4th and reverse. Reverse is the worst, it doesn't want to stay in unless I hold the shift lever.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm thinking that I may have to modify the console or maybe even the floor pan, I haven't checked to see what is causing the lever to not fully engage.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks,

Chris

PS...... I put in the m/m lift blocks and didn't have to completely remove the motor mounts like alot of people did. I'm not sure if the way I did it is any easier, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
For temp fix, take your shifter boot off the center console, this will help. What has happened is that you have lifted the body 1.25" and raise the motor up an Inch, with your transmission staying in it normal position. For a permanate fix you have several option.
1. Belly up Skid
2. Modify your current transmission mount with an Inch lift
3. Modify your center console to accomadate your shifter.

There are more, but I am drawing a blank right now, but I'm sure others will jump in...Jerry

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Medic3720 said:
For temp fix, take your shifter boot off the center console, this will help. What has happened is that you have lifted the body 1.25" and raise the motor up an Inch, with your transmission staying in it normal position. For a permanate fix you have several option.
1. Belly up Skid
2. Modify your current transmission mount with an Inch lift
3. Modify your center console to accomadate your shifter.

There are more, but I am drawing a blank right now, but I'm sure others will jump in...Jerry
Ya what he said......You don't have to take the boot right off but pop the plastic ring at the bottom of the boot and then remove it from the rubber boot then tuck the boot down in the console ....Keeps a clean look and you have your mobility back in the shifter.

Cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
The belly up is the best way!!! And just so happens that medic has a real good one that he makes and is reasonably priced!! It fixed my shifter problems and has better TC protection to boot!! 2 birds one stone (or a large sheet of metal) :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
NoLight said:
The belly up is the best way!!! And just so happens that medic has a real good one that he makes and is reasonably priced!! It fixed my shifter problems and has better TC protection to boot!! 2 birds one stone (or a large sheet of metal) :)

I second that....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts