Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the problem I have 2005 LJ , my multi function switch needed replacement. All my lights and LED tail lights were working, I took off my old multi function and the plastic connector pretty much fell completely apart. I have new connector and we wired up and have 1 wire orange with black tracer that is not on any diagram I have been able to find. Right now all my lights work except my low beams and turn signals. Does anyone have wiring diagram for 2005 LJ or pictures of you wiring going into the connector????

·
3,438 Posts
Free bump for you, hoping someone has a diagram.

Reactions: WayWestJeep

·
Administrator
10,787 Posts
The socket/plug on the multi-function switch itself fell apart or the plug/socket in the harness? If nobody has an answer I can take my covers off and check.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,002 Posts
If you need the full wiring diagram, let me know.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Here is the problem I have 2005 LJ , my multi function switch needed replacement. All my lights and LED tail lights were working, I took off my old multi function and the plastic connector pretty much fell completely apart. I have new connector and we wired up and have 1 wire orange with black tracer that is not on any diagram I have been able to find. Right now all my lights work except my low beams and turn signals. Does anyone have wiring diagram for 2005 LJ or pictures of you wiring going into the connector????
2005 FSM:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok all my lights work now except blinkers and hazards. I replaced relay again with another new one and replaced multi swtich with another new one checked all fuses...Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Put power to the pin/pins in the plug that are used for the turn signals/4way flasher and see if you get the corresponding light to come on.
Have you checked the turn signal relay?

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
😂 not sure how many miles yours has but mine only has 57k after all these yrs.
Is that all... My '04 is at 55k :D Can be seen in the fleamarket thread...

I really believe something happened between the '04 and '05 model years... I've never had a problem with mine yet I hear of those MFS and OPDA problems with the '05/'06s

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You drive yours as much as I do mine! Yes I had a problem with my OPDA but havent since I replaced it. In regards to my lights , well, I repinned them and now have the blinkers and signals works BUT my high beam bluecluster light keeps flashing and my cluster dimmer is not working.....WTF!!!! does anyone know what model/yr chrysler/jeep uses the same harness and wiring colors???its hard to find 05/06 LJ to look at wiring so I figure it might be easier to find another model

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
You drive yours as much as I do mine! Yes I had a problem with my OPDA but havent since I replaced it. In regards to my lights , well, I repinned them and now have the blinkers and signals works BUT my high beam bluecluster light keeps flashing and my cluster dimmer is not working.....WTF!!!! does anyone know what model/yr chrysler/jeep uses the same harness and wiring colors???its hard to find 05/06 LJ to look at wiring so I figure it might be easier to find another model
LOL, my 05 Rubicon has 26.6K on it. Mine goes for groceries, animal feed, and to the doctors a couple times per year.
I can offer no help with the wiring except make sure all pins are seated, sometimes they will push back out. Other than that study the diagram and do as suggested applying the write signal to see if your inop lights function.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I went by the service owners manual . I took all the wires out and reseated them, still didnt work. Then I tried again and everything works. EXCEPT now I still have one of the problems I had prior to this. When I use my blinkers and they turn off I still get the blinker noise continuously sometimes and wont shut off until I turn the key off...anyone know the solution?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts