Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone through all the old posts of vibrations but haven't seen anything matching my symptoms. Sorry if I missed it but here goes...

I've installed the OME HD suspension with 3/4 spacers up front. I also have the MT/R 285s. Everything was fine until this last week when I installed the Medic transfer skid. Man is that thing tough! Anyhow, after installing the skid, I now have a rough vibe from 10 mph to 25 mph and then it goes away completely. I feel the vibe through the floor - up through my foot on the gas pedal. It's only during acceleration.

I plan on pulling the driveshafts one at a time to determine if it's the front or rear. I just wanted some opinions before I do. If I need a new rear driveshaft and UCAs, so be it. I'm to far into this project to not complete it.

Thanks to all.

Phil

G

·
0 Posts
With raising the skid plate you have effectively given yourself about a 4 inch lift at least. If you haven't already adjusted your rear pinion to match the output shaft angle then you will have a vib from that location. Also your front pinion needs to be in alignment with the front drive shaft.

Drive shaft Alignment

Ron

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron,

Took the rear shaft off today and drove around in 4HI. The vibes were gone. So I ordered some JKS control arms from Dirk at DPGOffroad.com and a new Rubicon CV drive shaft from Tom Woods. Unfortunately the JKS items are not in stock. They had to settle some bushing issues so it will be a week or two.

Keep on keeping on - Jeeprocking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts