Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 JKU Rubicon
ISSUE: Blows air on all vents - both passenger and driver's sides. However - only blows hot on passenger side:

Hours of research on the internet and the solution was: blend door actuator

It was not. I changed the actuator, made sure the door was working properly.

Changed the other directional actuator - works fine. Recirc. actuator - has nothing to do with problem- but checked it and it is working fine:

Codes I was getting from Scanner:

U0141-00
lost communication with imp(fcm/tipm) -lost communication with bcm (body control module) (node absent)
- stored - heat/ventilation and A/C

B11CD-00
main/left temperature door 1 travel too large
stored-heat ventilation and A/C

B11C4-00
front mode door 1 travel range too large-
stored-heat ventilation and A/C

I'm not a mechanic by any means - not even close.

SOLUTION: I did a reverse flush on the heater core. Starting working immediately. Only problem is that the HVAC system resets itself after it has been shut off for a bit - something to do with the calibration on the blend doors.

QUESTION 1: How do I get it so it doesn't reset every so often - heat doesn't come on for 30 seconds or so and the recirc. light flashes.

QUESTION 2: Someone explain to me how flushing the heater core makes the heat blow hot to the driver side - it makes not sense to me. Please just don't tell me - it was only throwing partial heat - well then I should have had partial heat - it was air temp blowing to the driver - passenger was HOT. Weird, I know.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Not weird but a common problem. The way the airflows inside the airbox if your heater core is partially plugged all of the heat gets used up on the passenger side. You are lucky that flushing your heater core worked. most often you end up replacing them.
If you dont want your hvac to relearn every key cycle you are going to have to fix the electrical problem. If you are getting range too large codes you have a actuator problem or a door/ door stop/ linkage broken.
Can your scanner run a calibration test on the hvac? I am assuming you have single zone hvac?

·
10,151 Posts
In the morning when you first turn on the Jeep does the light blink on the position knob for a while, and then your system kicks in? The memory went out in my 2012 system controller. There is a computer chip with memory that knows the last position of your dials. If it dies, the system needs to cycle all of the actuators to relearn their position. My blend door actuator works fine, but the controller can't figure out where it is, so it leaves it alone (stuck in a/c position). I have A/C, but no heat at the moment. The new controller is sitting on my workbench at the moment.

Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does it in the morning and after it has been sitting for a while. Seems to "remember" if it sits only for a bit. Yes, blinking light - takes about 30-40 seconds to start up. Here is the thing: it didn't do it before I changed the actuators. It began doing it after. I thought I read somewhere, there is a way to reset the system, on top of the system itself re-calibrating. Once I flushed the heater core - I immediately had heat.

When you talk about "system controller" what part are you exactly talking about?

·
10,151 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts