Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to northern VT and looking for information regarding headliners. Any recommendations on where to purchase? Worth the installation - warmer, quieter?

Thank you for any information

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this one from Amazon. I was really just looking for something that would reduce the heat when parking outside in the Arizona summer sun. This was easy to install and absolutely eliminates the heat that used to radiate on your head from the roof. I haven't noticed any noise reduction but the difference in interior temperature is noticeable.
Design Engineering 050168 Boom Mat Black Sound Deadening Headliner Compatible with 4-Door Jeep Wrangler JL (2018-up)

·
3,759 Posts
My 2020 Gladiator has the factory headliner and my wifes 2017 JKU has Hothead headliner. The Hothead is the better product

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Went with the Hothead in my wifes JLU too. Good product.

- DAA

·
Administrator
11,473 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Hothead headliners

and I am Bald, so my opinion counts twice
:ROFLMAO:
That's no joke you would know if there was heat coming off the roof. I'm in the same boat with no hair. I had not heard of hotheads when I bought mine. Just looking over their site it looks like the install may be permeant or semi permeant? Are you able to remove the two front panels and still have the rest of the roof covered?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's no joke you would know if there was heat coming off the roof. I'm in the same boat with no hair. I had not heard of hotheads when I bought mine. Just looking over their site it looks like the install may be permeant or semi permeant? Are you able to remove the two front panels and still have the rest of the roof covered?
Just found the answer to my question and the quality on those looks very nice. Might be worth the few extra dollars. I will upgrade if I ever have issues with mine.

·
Administrator
15,183 Posts
Just found the answer to my question and the quality on those looks very nice. Might be worth the few extra dollars. I will upgrade if I ever have issues with mine.
I've had Hot Headliner in 4 Jeeps ...the Owner is a good guy ( Family Run )
i endorse their product

1 - 10 of 10 Posts