Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old set of H4 conversion housings that I bought a few years ago before I knew about the Hella's or IPF's. The lenses on them are really flat, not totally but still alot flatter than the ones on my rubi or the one's that came off the Jeep. I was going to put them in the jeep but upon more research I want to get The E-Code housings and I was wondering if there is a way I can tell if these housings are E-code or normal.

TIA,
James

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
James those sound alot like mine. I am not sure about he coding but I know that they work damn good.

What do you mean by E-code

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've read the E-code is the type of lense that is on the light. So from what i've read there are companies that sell housing that let you change the bulb but are the same lense as the stock lights. The IPF and one of Hella's is E-code. Not sure of the exact differences but from what I've read the E-code puts light out better than the others.

Here is where I got mine

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a message back from the seller. They are not E-Code housings.

Hello James,

The conversion headlamps that we carry are from In.Pro Car Wear. They have American (DOT) housings, not European (E-code) housings.

Regards,
Debbie
http://Shop.Sportruck.com
Dangit, now I gotta decide if the E-Code's give any better lighting than the American. Or if it's worth buying new one's or using what I've got. They did make a huge difference in my old truck, but it didn't take much to improve on the pre-halogen headlights :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts