Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s your experience?

I’ve been looking at the Gooloo power bank/chargers.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I've been carrying one for quite a few years. First one was an Anti Gravity, which was the first one I ever saw. It still works okay, but doesn't hold a charge like it used to - it's old and well used and owes me nothing - it rides in my daughters Landcruiser now. So I went cheaper and got a Noco a couple years ago to replace it. The Noco is a lot bulkier, but works at least as well.

Used the crap out of them. Two thumbs up. Fortunately, so far, haven't used one for myself... But I've sure started a lot of other people's rigs with them. I have also used them to charge phones, camera batteries, laptops etc.

Years ago, I had intended to do a full monte, fancy pants, expensive dual battery setup. But after seeing how well the little jump packs work, I nixed that heavy and expensive idea.

- DAA

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a cheap one many years ago, I worked for 4 cyl and miscellaneous, but not enough to kick the Jeep.
I now have 2 GooLoo (1000a and 2000a) and have had great luck with them. The 1000A will kick over almost anything up to a small 8 cyl; the 2000A will actually kick over my 6.0L diesel. Great to have on hand for emergencies and top off charge every 6-8 months when they haven't been used often.

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
749 Posts
I have two of the Gooloos as well; one for the Jeep and one for my wife's car. They're both a few years old and hold a charge amazingly well... I probably only charge them once a year and they work whenever I need them. There was a period I rarely drove my Jeep and needed a charge to start it each time bc I didn't have it on a trickle. Then I went on a trip shortly thereafter and needed to jump myself several times which made me realize my battery needed replaced.

I think mine is 1500A which is the lowest I'd go. Mine is the old style and wedges nicely under the driver seat from the front.

Reactions: Norminator

·
Registered
158 Posts
We keep a NOCO Genius Boost in all vehicles and have given them to our parents and kids for their vehicles.
Used many times and happy with them.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
I have 3 gooloos and they never let me down in over 3 years of use. 1 in each rubi, and put one in Kathie's SUV.

Reactions: Norminator

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,332 Posts
Awesome price, I paid more...

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 9 of 9 Posts