Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find half doors for the Rubi?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Quadratec Sells them but they are $$$$$$$$

Check out http://www.car-part.com and just put in like a 97 or so wrangler and your state and it will pull some up. Here in Texas it came up $400 to $200 a piece. Still cheaper than new though.

James

·
Registered
402 Posts
trade is usually best, lot's on city dwellers want to go the full door route. Find one and trade them plus maybe some cash to you as well. Just switching the locks is the only work really.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I plan to keep the full doors and run them in the winter with the hard top. I just wanted a set of half doors for the summer since they're easier to take off and throw in the back when its nice out.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
James said:
Quadratec Sells them but they are $$$$$$$$

Check out http://www.car-part.com and just put in like a 97 or so wrangler and your state and it will pull some up. Here in Texas it came up $400 to $200 a piece. Still cheaper than new though.

James
Good suggestion James. Lothos, you just have to look around for them. If you try to buy new ones you'll find they're prohibitively expensive.

I found mine, in excellent condition, for $500 for the pair with very good uppers included. They are off a '97 TJ. Right now they don't match, but that's just a matter of finding the right body shop to paint them.http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1061

Jerry

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had try carpart a few times in the past and the problem I usually have is the biggest part dealer near me never answers the phone and his email box is full as is the case today. I'd drive there and complain, but its 3 hours away. I don't understand why they are so expensive though. They don't cost that much to make really.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2427248685

Too bad the guy won't ship them. These are a perfect match for my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I suggest just be patient and look for some used ones that match your paint. They tend to pop up in the price range of $300-500. I kept mine from my 97 Sport and they work great, interior doesn't match though. 0X

·
Registered
368 Posts
$50 on ebay in decent condition, a couple of scratches and dings

no hinges or mirrors but with $50 ground shipping it came to $100

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Bestop has a new set of Molded Half doors that contain speakers.

They look pretty slick

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had mine included in the deal with my Rubi. Salesman apparently didn't know what parts to order and he misquoted us $899 for the doors, painted, sailcloth uppers, and another set of mirrors. Apparently he was wrong and their about $2700 but their still ordering them since I have it in writing and all.

Also I was thinking about door locks. Not sure if this would work but could I tear my half doors apart and remove the linkage from the "locked" button so that it doesn't work to lock or unlock the door? Then if you lock the half door from the outside with the key (even if the top is down) it would be secured to the vehicle and couldn't be stolen. If you can't open the door then you can remove if from the hinges.

This wouldn't work if these doors automatically unlock when you pull the inside handle to open the doors. I haven't paid attention to see if they automatically unlock from the inside or not (my dakota does).

Anyone know if this would work???

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone seen Bestops molded half doors in person? I've been trying to motivate myself to sell the full steel doors from DC and get some half doors, but I don't know whether I want steel, plastic, or cloth...too many decisions, not enough money! :sniper:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am just going to get the full soft doors from 4wd hardware. That way I can run full hard in the winter and full soft in the summer.

To me this is the best of both worlds. BTW, anyone know what color black to order for an 04? Black diamond or denim I think are the choices.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Harleyenough,

I think it might work. They don't automatically unlock if you pull on the handle so I think the only hurdle is getting them to function properly without the plastic button.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought a used set of soft doors (two piece ones) for $200 Canadian.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I realize this will not help in your situation....but I purposely ordered ours with 1/2 doors and softtop. You can always find full hard doors and hardtops for sale around here. Much easier to find full doors than 1/2 doors.
Infact I bought a used H/T for $200.00 and then found full doors for $300.00. Costing me to have them painted. Wiring harness for the H/T $100.00.Will come in under $800.00.

Just an FYI for those about to order and wanting both sets of doors.

Doug

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately, I'll probably spend a lot of my income on bills over the next 12-months so I can get a pair of steel half doors with matching interior trim from DC. Big bullet to bite, but I hate half-stepping when I know there are options to make it look right. :lam:

·
Registered
298 Posts
X2 I'm waiting for something like the Quadratec OE kit half doors. They have them for up to '02 so I'm hoping they will have 03-04 doors soon. They are the cheaper then from DC as I can tell but you have to put the "kit" together. Not that that's going to scare me away. Just have to have them painted and get some tops for them. I think that's what I'm going to do since I can get them and uppers for less then the dealer wants for the lowers alone.

T

1 - 20 of 21 Posts