Rubicon Owners Forum banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts
I keep saying when my I-6 swallows a rod or otherwise has a catastrophic failure, it gets re-powered. Having a bunch more HP is a game changer in certain trail conditions like dunes, soft sand and doing some obstacles, but you have to be really careful with the skinny pedal. In the Sand Hollow area of St. George, UT I was like a teenager playing in the dunes spooling up the engine and listening to the blower whine. :driving:

Another situation where power made a huge difference for me was the sand hill climb obstacle on top of the mesa on the Moab Rim trail. Power, correct gearing, correct gear selection, locked axles and good driving technique got me up the sand climb.

Discussion starter · #222 ·
In the Sand Hollow area of St. George, UT I was like a teenager playing in the dunes spooling up the engine and listening to the blower whine. :driving:
Isn't it amazing how a little horsepower can turn us grown men into a drooling gear head......

Isn't it amazing how a little horsepower can turn us grown men into a drooling gear head......
Would you mind PMing me a ballpark figure of what the V8 injection cost? Not including motor. I drove a MoTech 6.2 with 6L80 in a JK a couple of years ago. With all the CanBuss voodoo they're quite pricey so I decided to run the 3.8 till it dies. I've since added the LJ to the collection and would really like to V8 it. The JK is around $20,000 with new crate engine and transmission but the TJ/LJ wiring should be easier I think.
Thanks

Discussion starter · #224 ·
Well it looks like I'm going to need to do some trimming. The plan is to get these cut and fitted up where they should be. Then to paint them red and the piece that attaches to it in black so that it can be touched up when needed. The body was definitely damage/bent under the stock Rubicon guards.

. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Reactions: johncanfield
Discussion starter · #225 ·
They are cut around the flair, painted, mounted up and ready for abuse.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

Reactions: Mouse
Discussion starter · #227 ·
It certainly took some kahunas. The amazing thing is all the holes lined up again when I installed them. Whew!

Discussion starter · #229 ·
Good luck with the PCM. That's not something I would wish on anyone. You know I vote for the LS!

Discussion starter · #230 ·
Took it out and showed it where it's name came from. Jeep performed awesome!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Discussion starter · #231 ·
Led 10 Jeeps on my annual fall color trail ride into Upper Michigan. Nearly 200 miles (nearly all trail) and never hit the same trail twice.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #232 ·
I am using an Autometer Dash Command and gave it a quick test run to see how it read. This was the peak on that run. Although I can tell you that it really does indeed feel like this is accurate in the seat of the pants I’m not convinced. Looks like it’s time to get real numbers on the dyno. No matter what the real numbers are my butt and brain are convinced it sure is fun. Yeehaa!!

Digital clock Technology Audio equipment Electronic device Font

Discussion starter · #235 ·
awesome, really changes the looks, was this a fix? seeing your avatar appears your original top may have been damaged? just guessing.
You are correct. I like to say, "It's the best roll-over I ever had". :shh:

dang, just realized how old this thread is, hope she still looks as nice as when you posted originally
Here are some recent shots.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Off-roading Tire

Great looking jeep!

Discussion starter · #237 ·
Discussion starter · #238 ·
Bringing the Jeep in next week for some DYNO time and a tune. I can't wait to see the results.

Off-roading Vehicle Trail Car Off-road vehicle

Discussion starter · #240 ·
221 - 240 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.