Rubicon Owners Forum banner
181 - 200 of 257 Posts
Discussion starter · #181 ·
Here's an update on what it looks like so far. Still need to test the newly programed computer that Novak claims is done right this time. I'll let you know if it's true this time.

Discussion starter · #182 ·
I just bought a set of these Wednesday. Pitbull had a partial day sale that I just happened to read about in time. They said if Trump won they would sell their tires for 50% off. Yes, 50% off………yes, that’s correct. I had to pull the trigger at that price. I was on the fence on buying these anyway so this sealed the deal. The Jeep is about to step up to 35” Pitbull Radial Rockers (asuming I get it back together someday).

I just bought a set of these Wednesday. Pitbull had a partial day sale that I just happened to read about in time. They said if Trump won they would sell their tires for 50% off. Yes, 50% off………yes, that’s correct. .
I like the looks of the tread. 50% off - holy cow!

Bad azz looking tires. 50% off way cool!
:beerchug:
What the hell has Trump got to do with tires, btw??? Dumb company, good score for you!
:weird:

Discussion starter · #185 ·

Everything is fabed up and in place. Having some air-conditioning issues to deal with and some small things to tie up but it's almost there. Fired it up and it sounds awesome.

Everything is fabed up and in place. Having some air-conditioning issues to deal with and some small things to tie up but it's almost there. Fired it up and it sounds awesome.
Wow... that's a clean install
:rock:

What direction did you go with the oil pan?

Discussion starter · #188 ·
I was able to use the factory pan. Seams like I have more clearance than the six had. Flexed the heck out of it and it looked good. Not sure but there shouldn't be any issues. :+1:

Reactions: mac
Discussion starter · #189 ·
Reactions: Desert Dog
That is looking awesome... making me rethink the Banks system I was planning but MD emissions play a part though...

Question, I'm finally fitting up my Gr8top to my 06- I need a pic of the top at the top of the windshield. The fit there was not great and I scribed and got it a bit better but Id like to see the fit of some finished tops if possible?

Mine is bare gel coat that I plan to paint body color. Ive fit and trimmed at the doors and the front windshield still have more wind noise at the windshield than I would like. .

Discussion starter · #193 ·
Sorry, I don't have the Jeep near me. It is at someone else's place so no pictures at this time.

I had a hard time with the fit as well. In the end I added weather stripping inside the upper door jams to eliminate the excessive wind noise and water leaking in. The fit to my windshield frame was not the best. It was off to one side for me. After allot of finessing it around I found a happy spot. I thought it was because I rolled my Jeep and the windshield frame may have been tweaked a bit but after hearing of others having this issue I am starting to think that all of our Jeep are not the same or the tops are just not perfect.

Good luck!!

Discussion starter · #194 ·
Just opened the wheels for the new Pitbull's. That's allot of bolts to put in. Now, if the tires would finally get here so that I can mount them.

Ill start my own thread with pics of my top to windshield next couple days... sorry to clutter up this one.

Discussion starter · #198 ·
No worries. Please post a link to the thread for us when you start it. There may be others with the same issue reading this that it might help.

Reactions: johncanfield
Discussion starter · #199 ·
Finally after almost 5 months they arrived. I guess 50% off is worth waiting for. Now the fun part of mounting them and putting in all the bolts. Looks like blood, sweat and missing skin is in my future.

181 - 200 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.