Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was stopped in traffic in town and it was stop and go for a while. The car behind me was not paying attention and hit me at about 15 mph while I was stopped. Shook me up quite a bit so I moved off the road to see the damage to the Jeep. I could already see in the rear view mirror that his car (2001 Acura TL) was heavily danaged in the hood and leaking fluid.

To my great surprise - and everyone else that saw the crash - there was NO apparant damage to the Jeep.
Just some scratches on the 'D' ring.

Herre is a pic of the Acura.

When I got home I looked over the whole Jeep and could only find the little bit of black Acura paint on the 'D' ring and receiver hitch. WOW! I am sure glad for the 1/4" steel bumpers and all the other armor.

I kinda felt sorry for the guy. His rig looked so bad. Glad no one was hurt. Hope my neck is OK tomorrow.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Double and triple check to make sure your frame isn't the slightest bit bent, double check your tire carrier/tailgate and check to see if your body mounts shifted. From the looks of it I wouldn't be too worried looks like you faired well. Jeep 1 Acura 0

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
Sorry, but I gotta bahahahahha at the Honda. The driver was probably txt'n...

On the other hand it makes me mad. People that don't pay attention hurt people..

Very glad that you are okay, and the Jeep? Well it's a Jeep, somewhat tough against stop and go traffic..

BTW, get the neck checked out.

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Jon...
good to hear your OK....and the other driver is not hurt.
check the jeep body mounts and double check behind the rear tire carrier.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! I will be getting the neck checked out today. As far as the Jeep I'll be doing some very close checks tonight. Since I have a 1 1/4" BL I want to make sure all is Okie Dokie.

·
Registered
229 Posts
that looks like a good impact, as mentioned, I would check it good including the front area. all that energy had to go some where on the jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
When my Jeep got smacked in the rear when the drunk plowed my little Suzuki into it, I noticed that the Kilby gas skid was pushed forward bending the mounting bolts. (although it is still that way)
Just something you might want to look at for possible repair costs.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did get a chance to look more closely at the bumper and 'sub-bumper' part. They are both bent about 1/8" + on the side that was hit. It took a lot of force to bend them.

Neck is a little stiff now too.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Glad you're OK.

Kinda related...

I was stopped in traffic a few days ago and a small car rear ended a work truck that had one of those utility steel bumpers on it, the kind that has sort of a ledge on it. I watched from 5 feet away as her hood folded up and his truck barely had a scratch. This was prolly at 15-20 MPH, would of been ugly at just double that speed.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Glad you're OK...definitely keep that neck in check....those types of injuries can get worse and worse. Give it some time and rest...that thing has to hold up a pretty heavy melon... :cheesy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts