Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Got me some new TreadWright tires.

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  06moneypit 
#1 ·

They are 315/75R16 and they are on a Toyo A/T tire carcass. I will be mounting them this weekend.

See less See more
#3 ·
Tires have a full warranty. They back their product and they wouldn't be in business long if they put out a bad product.

#4 ·
I have a friend with the BFG MT "Inspired" treadwrites, he has 40k on them and they look only slightly worn, I have looked at this option before but always got scared off by people who "Know" how bad they are but never had had any "Personal" experiance with them. :roll: I may give them a shot when mt BFG MTs wear down. $408 for a set (With shiping) to my house, nice.

#6 ·
I was waiting for them to start selling them, but got inpatient. Got the new mtr kevs in the same size.

#7 ·
I checked their web site and it said they were not available, out of stock. I called them and was able to place an order for 5 tires and I got them within two weeks. You need to call and they can give you an estimate on when a particular size will be available.

#12 ·
I had a few friends that ran them with no issues at all. I bought one for a spare tire...I couldn't bring myself to actually run them.

#13 ·
stangmata said:
I bought one for a spare tire...I couldn't bring myself to actually run them.
I'd give them a try at the right price. I have run lots of re-treads in the last 30 years and usually the only difference I found with them is they last longer. If you have good carcasses many times a re-tread is better. The only issue I ever had on a 4X4 vehicle was the tread was stiffer and did not flex as well. These were 31" 10:50's on a CJ. The carcass was Remington and the re-tread was bandag. I ran in a lot of soft sand and the original tires worked better than the re-tread. It could have been the tread difference as well. A tire carcass can go many miles. It is the tread separation and wear that is a problem. New tread=new tire.

#14 ·
The carcass on all 5 tires is the Toyo open country A/T which is a high quality tire. They are load range D.

#15 ·
hmmm I wish I could see the faces of the people that look at your jeep and see MT/R tread on TOYO tires haha. I know I would do a double take before it hit me that they were re-treads.

I am interested in these for my other jeep. It is a trail only rig now, but I want to be able to cruise on the street again. Who did you talk to when you placed the order?

EDIT - $141.60 for a 315/70 R17 :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.