Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phillip said:
Nice!

Going with a set of weld on beadlocks for them?
Picked 5 up for $225. Gonna put my 37" KM2's on them for DD tires, then save for 43" TSL SX on H1's with fat trucker girl Beadlocks.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only seen them once and a buddy owns a fab shop to make them. It'll ba a bit, but that'll be as close to bling as she ever gets again.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
:worthless:

Yup pulled that card. ASAP! :D

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The finance dept has cut me off for the remainder of this month. But I did order coilovers last week that she don't know about either. hehe. Got my gears in today, so I've gotta box them up and send them to ballistic for a shave. Picked up a disk brake kit yesterday with Eldorado calipers. Today H2's and a cert for a new KM2. My front adapters should be in any day now. All i need now is a locker and some brackets/links, but my birthday is this weekend, so lets see what she bought me. :pBR:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a Cab and Chassis so it's the most narrow available at 63.5". But the housing is identical to a SRW. The difference is where the brake backing plate is welded on the housing, and the hubs. I could swap on a set of SRW hubs and be at 67.5. But i want the rear narrower than the front.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have an C&C 14B in my garage.

Even though I might be trading it to a friend of mine who has a 14B w/ discs from the factory, if I can talk him into it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RCH said:
I have an C&C 14B in my garage.

Even though I might be trading it to a friend of mine who has a 14B w/ discs from the factory, if I can talk him into it. :cheesy:
There's a guy on Pirate that sells an entire kit to your door for $315 shipped. I bought mine for $250 local with eldo calipers. Those usually add $200.

Just waiting on Christmas for my ballistic shave kit, then my buddies shop to free up for a little off the bottom and some tig welding.

I'll just never understand the whole crate axle fad. I could run a 40 spline ARB for $1350, 40 spline dbl splined shafts for $765, disks for $315, locker for $345, pinion guard and truss for $225, a shave and gears for $500 ish. without labor I'm around $3500, and have more clearance and strength than anything shy of a rockwell can offer. I have $200 for axle, pinion guard and disk brake brackets, $250 for brakes, $345 for locker, $200 for 5.13's, and $200ish for the shave kit. Grand total of $1195 for a one ton with the clearance of a rubi 44, and the strongest one ton made. The only thing comparable you'd have to go rockwell hybrid or a bigger less clearanced dana 70-80. Anyone buy a dana 44 built for less lately? And I won't ever have to worry about flogging on it. If it ever did break, pick up another for spare shafts for around $100-150 or step up to 40 splines.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okies said:
Prolly sound like a dummy, but why H2 wheels?
Needed an 8 lug rim. Even steel wheels are around $100 a piece these days. I picked these up on CL all 5 for $225. Also, they are very common offroad. I've seena ton of rigs run them on PBB and other forums.

I'm not going to run them offroad. I will buy H1's for that. There's just not much tougher wheel for the money than recentered H1's. And after never getting a good balance on my last set of beadlocks, and hassles with breaking them down to swap tires etc., I'm just not gonna do it again. I will run these with my 37's until it's paid off and I can buy a truck, and have a second set of tires/rims for trail only. At $480 a tire, no way I'd run the SX's on the street.

·
Premium Member
8,333 Posts
That's cool. I've seen the h1's on buggies but haven't seen the 2's on the trails around here.

I thought there might be something special about them, something similar to the 1's.

Sounds like you found a good deal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts