part on order ..

Ordered the kit today...
Light Fixture Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Car Vehicle White Light Automotive design

·
Administrator
15,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice when they provide a creative fix. You made me curious and I saw on YouTube how the kit is utilized.
Jeep doesn't have parts and i am not waiting ( typical BS from them)
i do support independent guys who take the time for a fix

Hopefully it's a good cure ;)
mac

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Both the visors in my JT have broken. The first one was within the first 60 days. Replaced it and eventually used a reinforcing kit to prevent the new one from failing again. I repaired the drivers side using a lock collar on the shaft. Its been good for about a year now

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Its pretty sad that this is a common problem on the JT.
Does the same thing happen on the JL?
Yes - same part. Terrible engineering. The plastic retainer that I used on the passenger visor (new one) is a $.25 part that cost $30ish for 2, but a new visor is like $65

·
Administrator
15,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its pretty sad that this is a common problem on the JT.
Does the same thing happen on the JL?
Uhmmmmmmm
Yes .... think'n my Gladiator is a "JL" similar product:LOL::LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
15,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I added a windshield warranty to my JT because I figured that would be something I am guaranteed to use
:LOL:
Elff
my 2013 JK ....replaced the windshield 4 times in 6 years
Zero Cost the Gieco insurance has a glass rider that is included with comprehensive

same coverage on my Gladiator had 1 windshield replaced already ..rock got me on the highway zero cost to replace and calibrate the collision system
SafeLite did the repairs
;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I bought my JKUR used and on the way home the visor was stuck in the "holder thing" and I gave it a jerk and broke it:( I was upset to say the least. It still doesn't work right so I get reminded over and over how disgusted I am with Chrysler quality. And I have a history with Jeep visors! Both my 05 TJ visors were broke. I ordered new ones and kept getting ones that didn't fit. I ended up rebuilding my old visors with the new visor parts. Anyway those Chrysler executives that give the stock holders a profit don't give hoot that Jeep quality is poor as we keep buying them and that includes me.

Pic: On the road to Bodie at the Chemung Mine Eastern Sierra Nevada with a storm broiling over the mountains. Bridgeport CA in the far valley. And me with broken visor!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts