Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since i've had my Rubi I've been logging the mileage and it was a steady 13.1mpg 95% city commuting to work. I was getting about 240 miles per tank if I ran it to the bottom end of the red zone. After a nice trip to Drummond island I have only since been able to stuff 14.9 gallons into this supposedly 19 gallon tank even if I run it as low as I dare shy of dry. And after a full fillup the gauge doesn't even make it to full. Think the tank has a dent or two? :D Anyway, my range is now down to about 210 per tank. In that time I have installed a TB spacer in the hopes that I get better mileage. For the last 4 tanks since it was installed I have averaged 14.8mpg. Same commute, same driving style. Was it worth $70? To me, yeah, but YMMV :lol: Now I just need to get that darn dent out of my gastank.

G

·
0 Posts
If you continue to get that kind of gas mileage, it should pay for itself in about 50 tanks. I'm still averageing just over 16 mpg, so I'll stick with this setup for now. Give us another performance review some time down the road to see how it is holding up.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am using a Hesco spacer. The best mileage I have recorded is 18.8 mpg. On average I now get 17.4 mpg. That is up from the 16.2 mpg that I got before the spacer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts