Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a thread on this once somewhere but can’t find it now. We put a very mild lift/level into our JK (2” front, 1” rear) and did not modify the brake lines at all. Under full droop they are fine both front and rear — the shocks limit travel. I’m wondering if full articulation of one side would be a more extreme condition for the brake line reach with the way the geometry works. Does anybody know?

If so any advice on how to best test articulation without a terrain park nearby?!

·
3,563 Posts
The best answer is to test it. The trackbar will move the axle towards the drivers side when drooping the passenger front. I find that putting the jeep on jack stands, removing the tires and articulating ti that I can get the full range of suspension without taking the jeep out of the garage. This should work for checking the brake lines.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you didn't change the shocks or wheels then it is operating in the same zone as before just a little higher in the travel.
The best thing to do is get under your Jeep regularly and check things out. I have a routine after every outing and a more in depth one during oil changes.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
717 Posts
Yes to test I would do as Elwarpo suggested and also remember that when offroading your tires will not necessarily be straight when at full articulation so if it seems a little tight while the steering is straight you may want to check brake lines at steering lock for both sides because the caliper will pull the brake line a bit when the wheel is turned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts