Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up the front spring coil clamps and bolts and guess what, the threads don't appear to match the threads in the pad and it appears the bolt isn't of a self threading type.

Has anyone installed these clamps yet?

I should have paid more attention to what I assumed was the threaded part of the coil pad when I had the springs off.

The part numbers are:

S Bracket (clamp) 52005917 at $3.43 each
Hex Screw 6502468 at $3.08 each (though I'm not sure this is the right part)

And if anybody is interested in the compression washer P/N's for the front Disc Brake lines:

Washer 6035886 at $1.16 each.

BTW, I tried to get these for free from the Dealer stating they should have been on the Jeep since the FSM said so, and we went out and checked about 4 '03's and not a one of them had them, so I had to pony up about $19.00 for the parts.

Thanks in advance for any insight into the threading of the spring pad and/or possible wrong bolt.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
Ken, I just put the spring clamps and bolts on mine. $4.00 per set. The bolt is a tapered self taping. I have the part numbers at home, so it will be a little while before I get them. I pulled the part numbers from the '98 schematic and they work fine. I'll double check your numbers later.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron!! I guess I paid too much!!

Have a great day!

ken

G

·
0 Posts
Ken, here are the numbers.

Bracket - 52005917 $2.45
Screw, Hex Flange Head - 6502468 $2.20

Those are the right parts. They should look like the above.

Looks like that installed, you can't see the hook holding the spring.

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Ron - this is exactly what I have. Things must cost more in Ohio than down there in sunny Florida - either that or my dealer gouges. I will install them now that I know that they are self tapping - I'm used to seeing the thread clearing groove and these didn't have it, so i wasn't sure.

Have a great day and thanks again.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts