Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Looking to upgrade my stock fromt bumper. I would like to get one that is ready for a tow bar and has a receiver hitch ( I plan on putting my winch on a 2" receiver sop that I can move it to ether the front or back).

Will also later be getting a new back bumper.

Thanks for the suggestions.

John

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not sure if it has the hitch stuff but I like the MORE high clearnce front bumpers.. jmho

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I bought a nice bumper from Jim's Off-Road in Oakridge TN about 2.5 years ago. I think it was made in Alabama and it had a receiver hitch in front and a place to attach a tow bar. As soon as I can I will let you the name of the bumper and maybe a phone number.

G

·
0 Posts
Please see my previous post under Manufacturers Forum - Durango 4x4 Rock Bumpers. I have both front and back on my Rubicon. Details are covered in the post. Let me know if you have other questions. I had to tow my other car 20 miles to the nearest town this weekend. Used the tow tabs on the back bumper.

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
The name of that bumper is backwoods bumpers and they are made in Alabama. Jim may be able to tell you how to get in contact with them, I don't have the number, sorry. These bumpers look really good and stouter than a bulletproof. They have a two inch receiver hitch slot on the bumper and you can modify a flat tow system to work perfectly (used mine like this once).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ran the Warn bumpers on my YJ. The front bumper was very stout and withstood me hitting/killing a buck at 40 mph. The bumper didn't even flinch. I just had a dent in the hood from where the antlers hit, but I was VERY impressed with the bumper. By the way, I also had the optional grille guard tub on there too. That is the part that really saved me.

For my Rubi, I think I will try the FF1 bumper by http://www.bulletproofmfg.com/. I hear they make stout products too.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Bullettproof is awsome....but VERY expensive....I have a ARB front bumper...I love it..its expensive too though...lol
Pete M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts