Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at several forums and have been finding references to using '95 GMC C-1500 brake lines for front brakes on lifted TJ's. This is almost too goo to be true at $16/ea. My '05 Rubicon (TJ) is lifted 6.5 " with a long arm suspension. Does anyone know if the GMC replacement lines are long enough?

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts

·
3,368 Posts
I have a LA 5.5 lift and flexed out enough once that I broke a front RE extended brake line. What I found as a replacement was the extended brake lines Rock Krawler makes for the TJs. At the time they were longer than what most other manufacturers offered. Not sure if that is true still though. But they have worked well for over 4 years.

I don't recall them being all that expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SweetPee. I had order the RE 28" stainless lines, but they screwed up my order and can't deliver for several weeks - out of stock! In the meantime, I am looking for alternatives. It would be kind of different to walk into a NAPA or AutoZone and walk out with a standard part. The only things stock on my Jeep are the tranny, xfer case and the widow glass.

JK

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the crowns for 7" lift. I'll put them on tomorrow and we'll see what we see.

JK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts