Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got under the Jeep. The dogs tore the rear harness to pieces. They pulled a two conductor harness out of something in the rear. It needs to go on jack stands so I can fix everything. I just tried everything up for now. I don't need lockers, and the Jeep is running so it'll be fine for now. I also discovered they have mangled the wires to both locker pumps.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got under the Jeep. The dogs tore the rear harness to pieces. They pulled a two conductor harness out of something in the rear. It needs to go on jack stands so I can fix everything. I just tried everything up for now. I don't need lockers, and the Jeep is running so it'll be fine for now. I also discovered they have mangled the wires to both locker pumps.
Most folks get full under-armor to protect from rocks. You on the other hand......./forums/images/RubiconOwnersForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
I sprinkled hot pepper flakes around the Jeep, then it rained. lol

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dogs are really annoying me. I went out this morning and there was a long piece of green striped white wire laying on the ground. They got the wires in the right rear signal area. Oddly enough all the lights are still working.

·
3,352 Posts
That would be annoying. My dog on the other hand just helped me with a meth head that broke into my shop.
By "helped," I hope you mean "bit and ran off."

·
Registered
590 Posts
By "helped," I hope you mean "bit and ran off."
Not exactly. She and I spent 15 minutes struggling with this dude. She is only 9 months old and has not been trained to bite on command, yet! We got his tactical backpack away from him which contained all my dewalt tools and other items. Recovered/saved my very expensive mountain bike. He spent some time on the ground and long story short he took a long walk off a short dock, twice. He damaged a fence, a gate, and got away with my battery tester (which I figure was in his hoodie pocket, which I almost got off him). Prints and DNA evidence are being processed.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be annoying. My dog on the other hand just helped me with a meth head that broke into my shop.
Cool, I hope she got a piece of them!

They ripped into the wiring again last night.
Most I can fix easily, since I can see the color cide. One wire going to the right rear I don't know where it goes, can't find the other end. It's color is white with a brown or yellow stripe.
They also what appears to be the vacuum cannister line.
I don't know what else I'll find. It's really annoying me.
I put my electric fence up around d the jeep. It will be a PITA as well.
I'm sad about one dying and ready to put the rest down. LoL They are lucky I'm not a meth head.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have most of the wires spliced now. It is not pretty. I still have two wires to fix. I can't find the other ends though. The two wires have black rubber plugs. On wire is black, the other is white with a tan, brown, or yellow stripe. My eyes are not good for close focusing in bright sunlight. I am going to pull the right rear signal assembly and see if I can see something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts