Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeepless in PA
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I've been chasing down a leak for months. Clean the cowl drain, rtv the cowl cover for the body, changed the windshield to cowl gasket, redid the door to a pillar seal, new door seals and rtv all penetrations from engine bay to passenger compartment. There's one leak left and it's between body panels. When sitting in the Jeep, behind the speaker and HVAC duct, there is a spot welded bracket for holding the computer wiring. Under that is a rubber hole plug, if this was a right hand drive model, the antenna wire would go through this. Has anyone had a leak here and found how the water is getting between the exterior skin layers? There is no access to it unless I start cutting sheet metal. See pic arrow. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Can you post a picture of the Jeep, I'm having a hard time visualizing the area from those line drawings. Since I have a soft top there's always a leak somewhere so I never bother to chase it down.

·
3,714 Posts
Under what conditions is it leaking?

·
Jeepless in PA
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, follow the screwdriver, it's behind this spot welded steel.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Jeepless in PA
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Under what conditions is it leaking?
All storms.. it's a drip which follows the wall. There's a silly 1" rubber grommet which rusted out.

Does anyone know if there is an opening where the trail rated emblem is located?

·
Jeepless in PA
12,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't rain often enough to duplicate this issue in order to update this post. I drilled a 1" hole in the cowl support behind the driver side speaker and sprayed four coats of flexseal. It seems to have sealed the antenna plugged hole in the side of the cowl for right hand drive vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts