Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was this an option in 04? I only have the pass side fold seat and the 9 year old likes to jump in the jeep before I get to it. He seems to only walk across the drivers seat when I am wearing a suit and he has mud/snow on his shoes. The rest of the time he will go in through the pass door. I would like to swap in a folding bracket on the drivers seat so I can fold up the seat to avoid having to destroy the child. Does someone have one they have removed when installing after market seats and would be looking to sell? Or is this part readily available?
 

·
Jeepless in PA
Joined
·
12,587 Posts
The 04 seats only tilted but will slide forward if you pull the seat slider bar under yer bum.


If you are looking for the 05/06 slide and tumble seat bracket, you may want to check the Flea Market.
 

·
Sarcastic Moderator
Joined
·
14,102 Posts
Yes, one of the many changes in 05 (actually some late 04s have them.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
I completly forgot about that Mr. Rock, been meaning to ask about that too. I too would like that upgrade for my 03 for the exact same reasons(almost, I don't wear suits). Anyone out there have or know of any, let us know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,054 Posts
It seems to me the only issue is the 9 year old. Why is a 9 year old dictating what seat he/she gets to get in or out of requireing you to modify your seat brackets just for that reason?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
655 Posts
You should be able to find someone willing to trade you brackets. Several of us on here would like to use the larger tuffy underseat drawer that requires the no flip bracket. The hard part will be finding someone who can park their jeep long enough to make the trade. If that's not an option try trading the 9 year old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geroux said:
It seems to me the only issue is the 9 year old. Why is a 9 year old dictating what seat he/she gets to get in or out of requireing you to modify your seat brackets just for that reason?
You don't have kids do you? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
It's not necessarily the child's choice. It's a hassle to walk around the jeep to be sure the door gets shut fully when they get in that side, and climb in the back. :) I know, I have a seven year old. I have been thinking of swapping seat brackets as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
874 Posts
Rockunlimited2 said:
geroux said:
It seems to me the only issue is the 9 year old. Why is a 9 year old dictating what seat he/she gets to get in or out of requireing you to modify your seat brackets just for that reason?
You don't have kids do you? :D



:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Wont be long and he'll not want sit in the back no mo, so you need to decide which side is gonna easiest for you to crawl back there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
I have the 05 fold and tumble...I'd like to swap them out if possible with someone without them when I get back. Is it a complete seat swap, or just brackets?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
738 Posts
On the 2005, it is a complete seat swap. I have the easy access (slide and flip up) and bought the 'slide only' bracket. Last night, I removed the seat and prepared to swap. There are two supports that connect two tracks to the seat, which attach to the seat differently. The bracket in my Jeep is riveted to the seat in the back. I can post pictures tonight. I wish I had a 2005 FSM.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
MJM said:
On the 2005, it is a complete seat swap. I have the easy access (slide and flip up) and bought the 'slide only' bracket. Last night, I removed the seat and prepared to swap. There are two supports that connect two tracks to the seat, which attach to the seat differently. The bracket in my Jeep is riveted to the seat in the back. I can post pictures tonight. I wish I had a 2005 FSM.
I had a feeling this was the answer...thanks for the info. Can we just cut that cross bar on the bracket in order to fit that larger style tuffy drawer?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
738 Posts
blkrubi05 said:
Can we just cut that cross bar on the bracket in order to fit that larger style tuffy drawer?
I am considering it, but need to look at how safe the result would be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
MJM said:
blkrubi05 said:
Can we just cut that cross bar on the bracket in order to fit that larger style tuffy drawer?
I am considering it, but need to look at how safe the result would be.
Yeah, i'm not exactly sure what the purpose of that bar is...?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
738 Posts
The bar is a part of the system that makes the seat tip forward. Looking at the seat, which is currently on my kitchen table (I owe my wife flowers for that one), it cannot be removed and still have a sliding seat. I still need to take pictures and post them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,948 Posts
Chris04 said:
Rockunlimited2 said:
geroux said:
It seems to me the only issue is the 9 year old. Why is a 9 year old dictating what seat he/she gets to get in or out of requireing you to modify your seat brackets just for that reason?
You don't have kids do you? :D



:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

couldnt have said it better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
738 Posts
Unfortunately, I can confirm the two seat brackets are not compatable. I took my 2005 easy access seat apart today and tried to mate up a slide bracket. The bracket was about 2 inches too narrow for the seat.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
MJM said:
Unfortunately, I can confirm the two seat brackets are not compatable. I took my 2005 easy access seat apart today and tried to mate up a slide bracket. The bracket was about 2 inches too narrow for the seat.
good info...I'm going to mess with my seat/bracket when i get back and seat what i can do to fit the larger tuffy under there..i need the storage!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
655 Posts
It can be adapted. Both the seat and the floor bracket have metal rails that run front to back if you make 2 cross pieces the width of the seat rails and 6 holes that line up with the original bolt holes you could make it work. I did something similar with an 03 bracket on my Mastercraft seat. It was a PITA though.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top