Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I saw this somewhere i wish icould remember where and I'm going to make the fog lights come on while the hi=beams are on. MORE light has anyone done this yet? If not ya want pics? I'm going to do it in the next couple of days. let me know...

Mo

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Mo, Check out this link. This guy has a really cool website with all sorts of information. You don't have to do any bending of pins. Stealth mode.

Fog Light Overide

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This re is before I looked at the link so, I should of probably waited but all I did was put a lil piece of plastic between the tab on the relay under the hood. Now, I'll look at the site and see if I did it right LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay now to re my re...
I almost did it the way on the post but I didn't put the plastic between the coil, I did it the harder way with a smaller piece of plastic where the arm hits the two connections I put it in the the bottom side of the arm between the arm and contact point. It works but maybe I'll re-do it so I can take pics of where I put the plastic piece in. I guess I did it this way cuz i'm worried bout dealer or someone else takin the cover off and having to look harder to see the smaller piece of plastic. TY for the Links tho came in handy to make sure I was kind of on the right page of doing this. OH plus no bending of anything ( I liked that part )

Mo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright James, What am I going to do with you???? LOL :agrue: :lolbonk:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm doin this as soon as I get home!! Then I gonna go hi-beam some people :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Just cut the red wire with the grey stripe going to the fog light relay. Make sure you tape off the wire coming in to teh relay center, it will always have 12 volts when the high beams are on. just 4 clips to split open the relay center and expose all the wiring. The fog light are on the n.c. side of the relay (relay has no power) the high beams activate the relay opening the contact. Go to sylvania.com they have 7" h.i.d. conversions on sale for 299 U.S. Very reputible brand!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
foglights w/ hi beams

Did foglight mod that james posted during half time of OU game. It like 2 min. and worked out great. Can't wait till dark.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Foglight override

Ok for the love of God why cant I find the Foglight override thread.Please help anyone
Scott

·
Registered
62 Posts
wwhhoooaaa...not seeing any pics on that link...just gray boxes. anyone else?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thank you all for the help..wil be doing that as soon as I get off work tomorrow am

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just take a pair of dikes and cut one of the posts off that go to the coil
this is one mod the dealer wont care about.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I read the FAQ on the fog light conversion and it says to bend #2 over. But looking at my relay #2 is the opposite side pin. I didn't want to just do it without checking with you guys first. What do you think? I have a 2004 Rubi ----

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just ran some tape over the post, worked great...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts