Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is correct place for this. I was going to change fluid in xfer case. Saw post on here about wasting loads of time on cheap pumps. Saw some pumps like mighty vac that looked great but were way over my price range. Went to Harbor Freight on a whim - not fan of their tools. Found a pump for under $7 that worked great. Maybe 7 pumps and a quart was gone -see pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Good score. Not everything at HF is junk. Not sure what year your rig is but my ('03) TC has a drain plug basically below the fill plug. By using it and having a warm, stirred up TC you get rid of more of the "sludgy" stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Good score. Not everything at HF is junk. Not sure what year your rig is but my ('03) TC has a drain plug basically below the fill plug. By using it and having a warm, stirred up TC you get rid of more of the "sludgy" stuff.
That is great advice for evacuating the old stuff. But if your advice was given thinking he needed to pump out his old fluid, I think/hope he is using it to get new fluid in.

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
Good score. (My general rule of thumb about Harbor Fright is if it has a cord or runs on batteries, I won't buy. Some of their air tools are okay.)

I got very frustrated using the little pumps that fit on the gear oil bottle and Mouse told me about the MityVac, expensive but I bought one and it's fantastic - should last forever.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts