Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My locker lights continually flash when I engage them but I can tell my lockers are working.
Anybody else have this issue?

·
Administrator
10,831 Posts
Front and rear locker lights flash? You are sure the axle(s) is(are) locked?

·
1,520 Posts
I’d put it on jack stands to make sure. We were in Moab once and high centered a friend to check.

Be safe in checking.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Try rocking both fwd and back once you've engaged them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lockers are engaging completely....she does a complete four wheel dig, but the dash lights will not quit flashing like they aren't engaged yet.

·
1,520 Posts
Don’t mean to ask unnecessary questions, but can you make the light go off entirely and disengage everything?

·
Administrator
10,831 Posts
The lights are controlled by the PCM. There is a plunger type switch in the diff that is either off or on depending on the locker state. It's really weird that both are flashing, that would indicate to me there's maybe a common wiring issue somewhere. Check the output of the switchs at the pumpkin - I think it presents a ground to the PCM when the locker is engaged. Once you determine the switches are indeed following the locker activation you can trouble shoot further upstream.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Light will go off when I disengage the lockers.
I've checked all the wiring and it all seems good, cant find any breaks.

·
1,520 Posts
The two times I saw locker miscommunication was an 04 and an 05 that had transfer case position switches that aged out. Replacement fixed the issue.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,040 Posts
Could be the locker switch, they are a known problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts