Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 JK Rubicon, 6-sp, 4" Old Man Emu lift, 35's, 4.88's
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lifetime off-roader, first-time Jeep owner (as of Aug 2021). Have previously cut-up and built mostly late 70's thru early 90's Chevy square bodied trucks and full-size Blazer's/Jimmy's...with a '05 Silverado thrown in there. Have owned a few Ford Raptors over last 7 years (a 2014 followed by a 2020), but I am over that now (for now?). The '10 JK is my daily driver. All the work on this JK was done by the previous owner. It comes from a single owner who took excellent care of it and never seemed to wheel it--even though he mod'ed it it with mostly topself stuff, to include a recent rebuild with Teraflex HD drag-link, tie-rod and ball joints. After all, there is really no where to wheel down here in Charleston, SC. The whole Jeep was also Line-X'd inside and out right after it was purchased in late '09/early '10. I plan to add some tube fenders, a winch, maybe some more reliable lockers, and then just drive/wheel the piss out of it.

I've just signed up on a few other forums too... namely jkowners and jeepforum. I am not an avid poster, but trying to zero in on the one or two forums that'll be the best fit. ...and for those frequenting those same forums, this post is pretty much a copy/paste of my check post from those other sites. I can assure you, I am no spam-bot. =[

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I keep getting blocked as spam... 3-4 times in a row now. Anyone else having this problem? It's getting really annoying. It's pretty much kept me off this forum since I created this account. It's a shame, because I really think I like this forum.

-Tommy
2010 JK Rubicon | 35s | 4.88s | 4" OME lift

·
2,047 Posts
Thanks for being persistent. You probably shot yourself in the foot by copying and pasting your post as opposed to writing something separately. I probably wouldn’t have thought spam except for you saying it looked like spam yourself.

Good job being resilient and welcome to the family.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A winch, Poison Spyder rock sliders and a Poison Spyder tire carrier Hi-lift Jack mount are in the works.

-Tommy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for being persistent. You probably shot yourself in the foot by copying and pasting your post as opposed to writing something separately. I probably wouldn’t have thought spam except for you saying it looked like spam yourself.

Good job being resilient and welcome to the family.
I put that quip in my first post about not being a spam bot because I'd already been blocked as spam before I even made my first post. =[

Anyway, it's been a few days now and I haven't been blocked again. So hopefully that's all in the past now!

-Tommy

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,477 Posts
Very nice.

What is hanging down in the first picture next to the passenger front tire?
Also
I just got similar mirrors from Q-Tec, Except, I got the Square ones. I am actually very impressed with how solid they are.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,477 Posts
OOO I think I figured it out. It's the wiring and stock light for the fender flare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice.

What is hanging down in the first picture next to the passenger front tire?
Also
I just got similar mirrors from Q-Tec, Except, I got the Square ones. I am actually very impressed with how solid they are.
Thanks.

That's the marker light hanging down... Just didn't disconnect it before taking the picture. Actually drove around the block with that thing hanging there like that. Lol

On the mirrors, I like them okay at first. But now I hate them. Doesn't have near wide enough field of view and they're already getting to the point where I cannot tighten them enough to get them to stay put. I plan on getting the "mirror movers" from Quadratec at some point (they are like $300 or so)

-Tommy

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,477 Posts
The square ones have a very nice field of vision
I wonder if you could replace the hand tighten bolt with a regular Hex head so you can use a ratchet to tighten it down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The square ones have a very nice field of vision
I wonder if you could replace the hand tighten bolt with a regular Hex head so you can use a ratchet to tighten it down.
You are probably right. Either way, I hate having to swap out mirrors every time I take the doors off. The Quadratec "Mirror Movers" never have to come off and maintain the same position with the doors on or off. They're crazy expensive, but I'm thinking they might be worth it.

-Tommy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, those are pretty bad ass. I just watched the install video.
Lol... just looked at your profile and I get your username now!

-Tommy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHAHA
Yea, Its a nickname I've had since I was in High School due to my height.
Well, that I suppose. And you're from Keebler Pennsylvania

-Tommy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts