Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find some ideas on where to get fire extinguisher brackets?
I can get 1lbr's but I need to find at least 2.5 lbr's. or any ideas on what'll work so I can mount em on the roll bar.. TIA

Mo

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just have it zip tied to my roll bars. Works fine

G

·
0 Posts
Take a look in the phone book. You should have a fire extinguisher store of some type in the area. The other thing you can try is poke your head into the local fire station and talk with the guys there, find out where they get their big bottles refilled/ serviced. Usually those places will be able to get you what you need.

Ron

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts

Firegrip™ is a high quality, mount anywhere, fire extinguisher holder. Firegrip™ is designed to hold our product line of universal fire extinguishers.

Firegrip™ is precision machined from high-quality aluminum to securely hold your fire extinguisher in any position. The quick locking mechanism allows you to quickly and easily secure or remove your extinguisher.

The fire extinguisher can be sprayed directly into your motor. The clean air fire fighting foam causes no damage. When the fire is over, the foam evaporates making it environmentally safe. Additional advantages are smoke reduction reacting instantly with sooty, black, toxin carrying smoke. Smoke volumes are reduced by 75% or more. Unburned airborne black hydrocarbons are turned white, increasing visibility up to 75%. The natural consequences of these advantages are combustible vapor reduction which reduces dangerous reignition and smoke inhalation.

Our fire extinguishers are rated for all class A, B, and C fires.

Dimensions:

Firegrip w/Black Extinquisher:

Weight: 16oz
Length: 4"
Width: 3.178"
Height: 10"

http://www.litegrip.com/firegrip.html
they make awsome Mag light holders also
mac

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ty you three, I finally found 1 place that has em and it's gunna be a CHROME one LOL only piece of chrome on the whole friggin truck LOL maybe the red ones will fit HEH.

Mo

·
Registered
467 Posts
digdugtj said:
maybe i am not understanding, but you zip tie the extinguisher? or the bracket? if its the extinguisher, how fast could you get it off if it is tied down?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Hey Mac, I remember you asking where I got my mag light holder... just so you know... thats where. :) I couldn't remember at the time.

Justin

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
JustinRuby03 said:
Hey Mac, I remember you asking where I got my mag light holder... just so you know... thats where. :) I couldn't remember at the time.

Justin
Justin,
i thought where had i seen this before...
im getting a mag light holder..but the fire ex. is not for me.

mac

·
Registered
556 Posts
digdugtj wrote:

Mike Holmes Wrote:
maybe i am not understanding, but you zip tie the extinguisher? or the bracket? if its the extinguisher, how fast could you get it off if it is tied down?

Yes I have the bracket zip tied to the roll bar not the extinguisher. It also allows me to move it easily when I take more or less gear on different trips. Zip ties are cheap and I dont have to drill multiple holes for mounting a hard mount in different places

1 - 9 of 9 Posts