1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

G

·
0 Posts
Rock climbing in a dry climate might be fun but doing it on rain and slime covered rocks is more impressive! That looks like a great place to ride drifter dave.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup that was a great day - I ran my 35's at 9 psi with no problems - I really like the MTR's. Got my first damage when I left the front locker on decending a slippery rock shelf and leaned into an embankment. Note to self- remember to turn locker off when turning tightly. Some minor rock rash on the front flare. Had her leaned 30 degrees and she felt very stable. A buddy lifted a rear tire in a leaf spring rig in the same spot where as I stayed planted. Rubis rock! :)

PS - Have about 6 or 8 gouges in my belly skid now. It is competing with a cage as the next mod. Got hung up on belly on several occasions.

G

·
0 Posts
Nice Pictures, love seeing Rubi's on the rocks. Looks like you had lots of fun. Cage or Pan thats a hard decision.

Ron

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Awsome!
amazing how the silver Rubi almost looks white.
wish our rocks would get wet and slippery.... never rains here!
:roll:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
Awsome!
:roll:
Hey tell you what Mac... I will send you some rain and you send some of that 111 degs to us out here in the east. I know Jerry C and I could really use it. :)

Nice looking trail you were on. I Miss BC :cry:

·
Registered
454 Posts
How about I send Mac weather that changes hourly and he can send me some rocks to play on.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i am suppose to meet up with fellow member AZ.
this week he is here in vegas...
if possible... i will get you pic ho`s some dry rock pics....
can cut copy and paste to your Rubi`s..
:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
i am suppose to meet up with fellow member AZ.
this week he is here in vegas...
if possible... i will get you pic ho`s some dry rock pics....
can cut copy and paste to your Rubi`s..
:wink:
LOL..... :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pics...i see your running 35s...how do you like it?

Love the 35's. My previous rig was a diesel 'cruiser spring over on 35's and I didn't want a smaller tire. Really makes a difference. With the stock gearing the highway performance is hindered a bit, but is quite liveable. 456's are in the distant future, but after a belly skid and cage. I found the perfect fit with the AR767's with 4" backspacing on 15x8's and the 12.5 MTR's. There's about 1/8 of an inch clearance in the rear at the edge of the flare. With the RE 4.5 SF and a 1" Daystar BL everything clears. I was thinking of going 33's thank god I didn't - I would have wanted 35's the same day.

Awsome!
You're the 3rd person to say that Mac - white was one of my favs too - in certain light conditions it does look white - until the angle changes or you get closer. The wet makes obsticles a lot harder. I read in a mag once that they postponed a rock crawl competition because of rain. Guess it would have made it too hard. Good sense of adventure Mac! Enough of me rambling the folks at JU are tired enough of that already. Keep an eye out for me, I'll post more action pics for you Stitch :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts