Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I yanked my stock single disk CD radio out of my Rubi back in 06, I put it away for a special project. That day has come. I am attempting to fit the stock head unit into one of those old "Jeep Boombox" set ups for a unique garage stereo.

I have been sketching out my preliminary wiring diagrams for the boombox retrofit and have nearly all kinks ironed out. However, I am a bit concerned about Pin#14 - PCI BUS. Will the factory radio work without this wire connected? Can it operate as a stand alone unit away from the Jeep?

The "Boombox" in question. It has had a long rough life. Nothing worked any more. I have had this since the late 90's:

A quick rendition of where I am headed. CD player does not work, so I think the vertical mounting should be fine. Some toggle switches and LED indicator lights will be included to control the power/back lighting. A TJ or YJ antenna mount will be placed in the back corner to accommodate a stock style antenna.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
try it and see, worse case it doesn't work without signal to that wire. if it doesn't work then you can try putting voltage to it afterwards and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts