Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered that my OEM invertor plug on the console is dead. I checked fuse M5 and it isn't blown. I pulled that fuse to check it's getting juice and found zero volts- key on, key off, engine running makes no difference. The only wiring diagram I found online is no help. Any ideas/suggestions? TIA

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts
Hi Bob and welcome to ROF. So there's no power going to the fuse?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Do your cigarette outlets work? They are fused separately but get battery voltage from the same place. Are you sure it is the m05 you are checking? When you push the switch, with the engine running does the indicator light on the dash?

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do your cigarette outlets work? They are fused separately but get battery voltage from the same place. Are you sure it is the m05 you are checking? When you push the switch, with the engine running does the indicator light on the dash?
Well, crap. This is another example of the owners' manual being useless for anything other than removing/installing a Freedom top. It never occurred to me that the invertor outlet might be switched. Found that switch and it works. Duh!
Thanks to you and John for the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts