Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched it last night, showed a guy getting his hand caught in a winch rope (not wire), rope is required in most competitions.

They started in Arkansas, did a lot of muddin’ there. One of the guys said for every minute of deep mud it equates into 2 hours of cleaning, axles, fluids and general washing. No thanks; I prefer rocks to mud any day.

It was an okay show, and some UROC competition in Cedar City, Utah. Ended the show at the Baja 500 race.

Is that the only episode or are there different shows?

G

·
0 Posts
Only episode I have seen. They have played it every now and then for the last year or so.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
:bowing: UROC competition in Cedar City, Utah
:wink:

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
4wheelinfreedom said:
All I want to know is how that guy got his hand stuck in the winch?
Thats what Im saying....he must have not been looking......or somthing.....i dont really understand how that happened either.

G

·
0 Posts
They were stuck in the mud. He climbed out to pull the winch line and his hand was sucked into the winch.

It really didnt say how, could have been the winch operators fault winch malfunction. Didnt really say. They had to keep him awake so he wouldnt go into shock and finally freed him using a pry bar.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I was thinking that when the guy hit the lever to make the line go out it actually came in pulling his hands in too. (you now how when winch lines get stuck and sometimes they go the opposite direction?) Anyway I think that even when your in a hurry to run a winch line (like in a competition) you should always be extremely careful, may cost you some time but it won't cost you your hand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts