Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Rubi-cruisers, while admiring under the hood of the Rubi, I noticed that there is an extra space on the driver side close to the firewall. exactly where the battery would be if it was on the driver's side. It has a small plate with pre drilled and pre threaded holes. almost like if something was missing there. So, Am I missing something? Or is this just extra space? maybe for like a dual battery set up?. I would like to bolt on a Small air/water tight tool box there. Just for a few screw drivers and my tow straps. Any thoughts?


P&G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I had always thought that space was for the ABS system. I could be totally wrong on that though.

As far as putting anything down there, I would be impressed if you could get anything in there without taking a bunch of stuff off. Even if you could get a tool box in there, how would you get anything out again? Maybe I have just forgotten how much space is under there.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been eyeing that space, too. I have many ideas of how to use it, but only one will fit at a time, so ita a battle of priorities. It may be too small for a battery...

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
triver525 said:
I had always thought that space was for the ABS system. I could be totally wrong on that though.

As far as putting anything down there, I would be impressed if you could get anything in there without taking a bunch of stuff off. Even if you could get a tool box in there, how would you get anything out again? Maybe I have just forgotten how much space is under there.
You are correct... That is where the ABS control goes..That is why it is located under the master cylinder..

As for puting stuff there that seems to be the spot for ARB compressors.. I think Jerry C put his there..
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

True, I gottta check again, But I think I could fit a 2.5"H x 7"D x 8"W.

I have a 3,000 Lbs tow strap that rolls up pretty small..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
RubiDan said:
I have been eyeing that space, too. I have many ideas of how to use it, but only one will fit at a time, so ita a battle of priorities. It may be too small for a battery...

Dan
Install that battery (I'm assuming a second battery is what you want) AND keep the space. The Kilby dual batter tray is a very nice piece of equipment and well worth the effort! :D
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about leftovers? I mean, you need somewhere to keep the burritos warm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
I don't know about you but I'm sick of leftovers! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
RubiRedJeep said:
How about leftovers? I mean, you need somewhere to keep the burritos warm.
Moderator's Note:

In the interest of all readers, 7 of the 8 identical posts have been deleted by yours truly. If this happens to anyone else, feel free to use the edit function and select "Delete this post". Makes a much cleaner thread. :D

JerryC
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top