1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G

·
0 Posts
I am always very leary about spraying down my engine compartment.

I just know that something is going to break because of it :mad:

G

·
0 Posts
Simple Green - ahhh the stuff that we love down in engineering. Works pretty good to clean vinyl siding too. But I degress.. Thanks for the tips/ reminder for some of us. There are plenty of aluminum parts under the hood. As far as spraying it off, the only thing that I have screwed up so far under the hood is the hood light, blown that a couple of times. I usually wash mine off after every wheelin date. Just use a light spray to wash off the dirt and dust. Everything will handle a little bit of water.

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PBR Stitch said:
Simple Green - ahhh the stuff that we love down in engineering. Works pretty good to clean vinyl siding too. But I degress.. Thanks for the tips/ reminder for some of us. There are plenty of aluminum parts under the hood. As far as spraying it off, the only thing that I have screwed up so far under the hood is the hood light, blown that a couple of times. I usually wash mine off after every wheelin date. Just use a light spray to wash off the dirt and dust. Everything will handle a little bit of water.

Ron
Everyone says use a light spray of water.
I have a 1300 PSI pressure washer that I use. Have been using it for 2 years, on my Durangos and now the Jeep. Have never had a problem. I don't spray directly at the control boxes, but other than that, all is fare game.
Maybe I have just been lucky so far.

Brian

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i use the coin oper car wash....(jeep n truck wash)
usually cost me 6 to 8 bucks depends on how much dirt n grime
they have a special degreaser thats enviro friendly..
and i like to rinse with DI water.....no spots!
:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
re

want to keep your ride always looking new under the hood? after washing and cleaning the engine compartment, mist with some wd-40. This will seal and preserve all the aluminum, plastic, metal parts by repeling the water. Just a misit... you don't want to over do it. It has worked for me ever since my friend told me about it. He sprays it on his Jet skies engines, and they get serious abuse from the salt water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts