Yea i am gearing up for when it gets warmer. TOTAL brake rebuild. Centric premium rotors all around, black magics in the front, EBC green in the rear, and a total clean & rebuild of the e-brake with new shoes.f9k9 said:Working on the brakes are ya? Get signed up on the advance online deal email list. Awesome deals but, they didn't have the multifunction "left hand switch" that I needed for my fog lamps so, I got mine from Autozone for $50 and change. Partsjockey turned me on to the site and it beats his discount. I think I replaced my radiator for $140 last month.
ADJUSTMENT - WITH ADJUSTING TOOL
Adjustment can be made with a standard brake
gauge or with adjusting tool. Adjustment is performed
with the complete brake assembly installed
on the backing plate.
(1) Be sure parking brake lever is fully released.
(2) Raise vehicle so rear wheels can be rotated
(3) Remove plug from each access hole in brake
(4) Loosen parking brake cable adjustment nut
until there is slack in front cable.
(5) Insert adjusting tool through support plate
access hole and engage tool in teeth of adjusting
screw star wheel
(6) Rotate adjuster screw star wheel (move tool
handle upward) until slight drag can be felt when
wheel is rotated.
(7) Push and hold adjuster lever away from star
wheel with thin screwdriver.
(8) Back off adjuster screw star wheel until brake
drag is eliminated.
(9) Repeat adjustment at opposite wheel. Be sure
adjustment is equal at both wheels.
(10) Install support plate access hole plugs.
(11) Adjust parking brake cable and lower vehicle.
(12) Depress park brake lever and make sure park
brakes hold the vehicle staionary.
(13) Release park brake lever.