Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to rebuild/clean out my sway bar disconnect and destroyed one of the seals (afterwards found out you can't obtain one anywhere) and this is what I came up with, with the help of a friend of mine. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
20210717_192755.jpg
20210717_192804.jpg
20210717_191438.jpg

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Welcome to ROF. Have you looked at the parts breakdown to make sure it's not available?

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Only thing I can think of is checking salvage yards.

·
Registered
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing I can think of is checking salvage yards.
My point was more about what do people think of these as an alternative for sealing the case? They're not likely to fail like the factory seals and my friend made a blueprint of them just encase people would want something like this. Still in the testing phase though, I haven't even installed them on my vehicle yet.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I just don't know, one way or the other, how well that will work. O-rings to replace a spring/lip seal. Perfect, maybe. Not at all, maybe.

My first thought on seeing this though, is that seal is most likely a standard item and not specific to this application? Seems unlikely there would need to be a one off seal created just for this box.

I just googled the number I see in the picture, 7497, and came up with a bunch of hits for a standard dimension pump seal. Between the numbers and letters visible on it and being able to measure the dimensions, I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't find a replacement?

- DAA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts