Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on adding many electrical upgrades that will require switchs, additional accesories etc....

Underbody lights, front and rear flood, OBA switch, switch so I can change one of my speakers back and forth from radio to CB, locker override switch, I want to put in a 120v outlet with inverter etc..... I am even thinking of putting in some heated seats. I also need a place to put my CB.

It is a lot of stuff and right now I am trying to plan it all out.

Any hints or tips?

I am thinking some kind of seperate fuse panel/relay would be good to tap the power from.

Any ideas on switch locations? I am thinking about just putting in a sport cage and running everything into an overhead console.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Take a look at Painless wiring, they make some really nice stuff to allow you to run additional accessories.

Painless wiring

Ron

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got the CB RACK.....I plan to run a heavy gauge power wire to it and then run a "power bus" to the different acc...saves having to run so many power wires back through the firewall etc. I bought the switch plate for the CB RACK as well to mount the switches.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Vulcan said:
I got the CB RACK.....I play to run a heavy gauge power wire to it and then run a "power bus" to the different acc...saves having to run so many power wires back through the firewall etc. I bought the switch plate for the CB RACK as well to mount the switches.
Hey Vulcan... How are you liking your CBrack... I am interested in getting one but I wanted some real experience advice on it.

Also 4wheelin.. Are you planing on running a winch in the future? If so I would suggest that you get yourself a optima yellow top. With the yellow top you don't have to worry about winching power and it is also has the ability to run completely dead without any worries of screwing up the battery. (Not that you want to but just in case.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Confession time.....My CB Rack is sitting here in my computer room waiting for me to get off my butt and install it!! I got it about 2 weeks ago along with a new 2 meter Ham radio and I have not had the free time to install them.....Hopefully in the next week or so. I can report that the quality of the rack is very good as well as the powder coating.....

As for a winch.....I have this mega ugly 8000 lbs Superwinch OX sitting in my garage that I was thinking of using but after sitting it on the bumper it is just to ugly for my Rubicon!!! I think I will save up for that Warn 9500ti and be done with it....Get a good winch and it will last forever. I was thinking of going with the Costco Optima style battery.....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Vulcan... Costco is a really good place to but Optima. You should also check with an Interstat dealer in Calgary and see if you can get a deal and tell all your friends that you are going to do this. This is what my club did and now we have them as a sponsor.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the CBrack, but I want to be able to put the windshield down. I am going to go with a sports bar with 2 spreaders and build a center console between the spreaders. Plan on putting my CB and all my switches in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts