Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems with their turn signals and hazards not working???? Too late for me to call DC or the Dealer. Also anyone notice the lockers takin their sweet time from stop blinking when ya flip the switch?

Fuse looks good for the turn signals, I don't know what else to do besides use the old fashioned stickin the arm out the window for turning. And it's a 4 day wait on the dealer :(

-Mo

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
as far as the locker light blinking. You have a to roll a little bit either forward or reverse to get the lockers to engage sometimes. Remember that the gears have to mesh before its actually locked and the logic circuit does not indicate a solid lock light until the locker is fully engaged.

G

·
0 Posts
Have you done any mods lately? When my blinkers started acting up was right after I had played with the rear lights. I had pulled them so that I could put my rocker guards on. I cleaned up all the bare metal back there, and when I reinstalled my lights they wouldn't work. I pulled them a couple of times trying to figure out the problem, and once it was bear metal in the screw holes again they worked fine. I've also had water in a trailer light connector that caused problems. I haven't had a real concern with the locker lights. I usually just click them and keep going. Sometimes the rear will take a little time, sometimes the front. They have always been on at the end of the obstacle, so I haven't worried. It does seem that they do work better the further into the day of wheelin, then in the beginning.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I agree with Ron...My lockers will take some time to engage or disengage when I first start off my day. But as I progress through the day the lockers seem to engage right away and disengage right away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn if I don't feel stupid.. I went to a dealer 65 miles away to find out a dang fuse had went, and of course i checked them all and they said i must of missed one HMPH. They didn't have an excuse for the lockers takin their time on stopping blinking after i disengage them. That is the problem i've been having with the lockers is light still blinking after i disengage them. we're talking about up to 3 mins to stop blinking after i flip the switch rolling back forwards and so on. This seems to only happen when i've been wheelin for a long period of time. Not that i keep em locked all this time but only when i need em. I suppose i'll keep the docs. from the dealer and wait till they blow\whatever since there is only 1500 miles on er. Thanks for the Help all, much appreciated.

-Mo

·
Registered
348 Posts
I dont know on this for sure but being a diesel mechanic I am going to auggest something. The lockers engage with air pressure and have to exhaust the air to disengage. That means there is a air bleed vent somewhere there. Maybe its plugged up with mud or something. Just educated guess.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say that the compressor exhaust is in the differential housing itself (right at the locker) and that the diff vent will be how that air is finally relieved. You would have to block the diff vent tube to cause a problem. This theory isn't based on anything I have read or even heard, it is merely a guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts