G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product: Rock Bumpers (Front and Rear)
Manuf: Durango4x4.com
Part No.: Don't know, just ordered by phone
Source: Durango4x4.com
Price: $360.00 each as shown. $300.00 in standard configuration.

Parts and Pieces:

These are 57" bumpers and are fabricated with 1/4" steel. In the standard configuration, the front bumper comes with tow tabs and the rear with a 2" receiver. A stout mounting point for a tire carrier comes with the rear bumper as a standard feature. See their web site for more info on accessories. I ordered mine with a receiver in the front and tow tabs in the rear, as well, adding $60 to the price of each bumper. Durango mkes them in a narrower width, too. They came with all the additional hardware required. These bumpers are both rated at 10,000 pounds.

Good: They appear to be very well made and the powder coat was excellent until we started standing on them. Durango4x4 was real pleasant to deal with, and made sure I got them on time. I plan to use them as mounting points for a winch. The rear bumper required some drilling because it is fastened by 8 more bolts than the original. These two pix are my lame attempt to show the additional attachments...

This is a view of the right side from underneath. The bolts (2) that can be seen on the left side of the picture are passing through the frame's rear cross member. The bumper uses the original holes, too, which can be seen on the right and bottom.

This is a view of the left side from just behind the tire. The two bolts you see in the frame's side rail were added through a plate that ties to the bumper.

Bad: Nothing I can think of. It was a little tricky to locate the holes to be drilled in the rear cross member correctly, but I got 'em on the first try. Had to lower the skid and fuel tank to get the nuts on those bolts.

Ugly: Doesn't apply.

Edited 2/24/04 to replace imagestation with snapfish as pic source. DL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Durango Bumper

:) Am I glad to see someone install this front bumper. I am seriously considering myself. Looks great - appears to give you as much clearance as "Bullet Proof" or any of the others. Price is attractive too. Is the powder coat finish pretty durable and can you use the Warn winch mount with it? How's the weight difference from stock? I see your in the"Land of Enchantment" my home! (tears streaming down face) I lived outside Los Cerrillious (spelling) on Hwy 10 now live in N.C. for 35 years. Lucky dog! Nice rig.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

The bumpers weigh about 50# each. The stock bumpers could not be much more tnat 10#. Durango 4x4 does mount winches some how. I am not sure whether you just drill the mounting holes in the bumper or what. It looks strong enough to me. Before I reached my purchase decision, I emailed a coupled questions to their tech support guy, George. He replied quickly and provided straight answers.

With regard to the paint, it was beautiful when I got them, but, with the top off, everyone gets in and out by stepping on the bumper. This has dulled the finish some. I keep planning to add some no-skid strips to the top of the bumper. In the picture of the right rear corner from below, you can see where the paint was completely removed by a rock. :D Saved the corner of my Jeep, though.

Thanks for the compliments! NM is a great place to live and raise three boys!

Dan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks Good Dan, I am waiting for my rear with tc and mountain rack to come in the mail. Did you get the TC?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pictures not showing up for me :(
Was gonna order the front bumper and winch from durango this week sometime.

·
Registered
351 Posts
2" reciever

How is the reciver? does it pin through the fron or back and are there chain loops?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts