Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there running these? Now that my lift and parts are on their way here, I need new tires. I would love to put MT/R's back on, but the cost for 5 is more that I can afford at the moment. Heck I still don't know what I am going to do for a spare tire mount.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have a buddy that is running 35's on his Cherokee and he really likes them..........They seem to be a decent tire for the highway and perform very well off-road.............

For $$ savings you might want to look at TrXus by Interco. I have just ordered a set of these tires and I have heard lots of good things about them.
I believe that they are around $120us a tire..
http://www.intercotire.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the interco's, but I can't find them down here, so I have to deal with what I can get. The Dunlops are about $116, but if I could find the Interco's I would probably lean that way.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
National tire or something like that has them for $124/tire.........Pick up a peterson's and check the adds. there are a lot of dealers of these tires.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LILRDJP said:
For $$ savings you might want to look at TrXus by Interco. I have just ordered a set of these tires and I have heard lots of good things about them.
I considered buying the TrXus for my Jeep but after viewing them in person I decided against them. The tread pattern on the 285s was just oo tight for my liking. They were more of an aggressive all-terrain in my opinion.

I got regular MTs and love 'em!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There is an awesome write up on them in this months peterson...You should check it out befor you decide against them... I have mine on now and I really like them......

·
Registered
561 Posts
A buddy of mine runs them in the 33" variety...not my favorite tire. IMO the TRxus woudl be better as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
I like the interco's, but I can't find them down here, so I have to deal with what I can get. The Dunlops are about $116, but if I could find the Interco's I would probably lean that way.

Ron
which interco you looking for i have friend that works in Baton Rudge if you call light line he can pick them up for you and bring them to Slidell and you could drive over from the beach and pick them up i got 5 LtB 34x10.5 for a little over 600.00

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks bjeepin2, I'll keep you in mind once I build up my tire budget again. I had termites in the house, so my budget got wiped for the treatment, and I still need to do the repair to the wall.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I did a little write up on them (trXus) in this section... I am going to get some pix of them up on the net as soon as I can get the FTP going.

I really like these tires and I am going to get bigger one in a month now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts