Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is called a stinger - I have searched and the function of it is not obvious. My guess is some kind of a guard? I'm trying to build a shopping list for the Rubi.

Be nice.. don't hurt me :laugh:

·
3,633 Posts
The stinger helps prevent front end roll overs, like flipping forward. If you come forward off an undercut rock, for example, the stringer can help keep you upright.

The hoop that goes high, usually around the headlights, protects the front of the jeep (hood, radiator, etc) in a roll-over (sideways, etc).

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
If designed properly it works with two others pieces. When done properly the stinger, grill hoop and A pillar should contact the ground in the event of a roll over with no windshield and protect the entire jeeps body from ever contacting the ground. Draw an imaginary line from the stinger to the A pillar and the top of all three should be in the same plain. Search on Jeepforum for "purpose of a stinger", there's a funny video of an endo where it saves his butt from rolling over.

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
johncanfield said:

The hazing was last month so you lucked out. :lildevil:

Stinger bumpers stop this from getting worse.

Here is a Toys By Troy example.

·
Administrator
11,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sleepsontoilet said:
If designed properly it works with two others pieces. When done properly the stinger, grill hoop and A pillar should contact the ground in the event of a roll over with no windshield and protect the entire jeeps body from ever contacting the ground
I need one of those

gregert12 said:
johncanfield said:
The hazing was last month so you lucked out. :lildevil:
Hmmm.. maybe I need to drive to town and buy a lottery ticket then :rotflmao:

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts