Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03’ Rubicon and I am getting ready to install dual batteries to help with all the electronics, winch and soon to be fridge. I have the rugged ridge bracket for dual optimas that was a Christmas gift. I have had a Yellowtop for well over ten years and installed a new last year when it went dead. I will be adding another with this install. I will be running the Painless dual battery kit. My question is on wiring an LED voltage monitor for the Main and Aux battery. It is a dual unit from Amazon and I think I will run a relay through an accessory fuse source and break the negative wire to the LED Monitor. This would keep it from draining power from each battery in the off mode. what are your thoughts on this? Anything you would recommend?

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
The other option is to put in a painless fuse block and wire the relay to a ignition on circuit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a painless 7 circuit adder, but just read the reviews on this thing and found what I needed. Wire the main to an accessory on power source and the unit will not light until the Jeep is on. Thanks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts