Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt my front driveshaft on my 06 LJR. I made sure to mark everything so it went back together the same, but it took a long time to get back together and my marks were not the best - it’s entirely possible I flipped around the H yoke 180 length wise (I’m sure it’s aligned correctly rotational wise). If that makes any sense. Could that be the cause of my slight vibes at freeway speeds? (It’s a slight rumble / pulsating type vibration)

If so, can I take it to a shop and have it rebalanced? Really not looking forward to taking it apart to flip the H yoke and I made sure to smack all the new joints to make sure everything moved freely as well.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Yes, a driveline shop can check the balance and balance it if needed. Or re-do the rebuild, if really needed. And I'd do that - take it and have it checked out. A front driveline can go from making some noise to having you looking for a new transfer case surprisingly fast. Hmmm, mine took out my transmission too, so, yeah. Have it checked out.

- DAA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts