Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
if you have vibes... and they are harsh can ride onfront 4x4 with rear shaft disconnected..
:wink:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
new drive shaft from Tom Woods was approx 370.00
i suggest ya dont messssss around and get it.
my .02

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree, it isn't worth screwin' around with doing a half assed job. I would just wait until I could afford a new DS. I don't understand why a Tom Woods driveshaft is so much better than just going to a local custom DS shop. Does anyone have a comment about this? A lot of the shops around where I live give a lifetime warrantee. What's the advantage of paying double for a Tom Woods or equiv.?

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i used a local guy on my last jeep......
therfore im smarter and got a TW shafting...
if you have a quality shop i say go for it.
the local guy here in vegas is hit and miss... as far as my dealings with them.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you are not going to do any Off roading until you get a DS then you can put your money into tires and pull the rear DS for now... Personally I would get the DS soon....

As for paying $300+ for a TW DS is crazy... I have a local shop that will build just as good and custom length for the same price in Canadian dollars. TW is quality but I also think there is a little name brand hike in there...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
nope...

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
MudvaynJeepTJ said:
Will I need to extend the locker lines with a RE 4.5 and 1in body lift.
even with my R.E. long arm all they did was install the air pump upside down ... im gonna move it to the engine compartment.
:D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Now there is something that you can do with that spare ABS tray. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts