Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a question when I flat tow my Rubi. I'm wondering if I can disconnect the rear drive shaft and not effect the trasmission cooling operation. My reasoning is to save wear on the cv joint.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Just went out and looked at mine. The rear DS doesn't have a CV joint, only the front at the transfer case end. Am I missing something in your question?

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
If you are going to flattow any moderate distance, imho~>300 miles, I would disconnect both the shafts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would rephrase the question.......How can I disconnect the rear drive shaft so I can do a front dig :Military Jeeper: :jammin:

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Atheist said:
I would rephrase the question.......How can I disconnect the rear drive shaft so I can do a front dig :Military Jeeper: :jammin:

Put an Atlas in there. Mine works GTRE :wink: AT.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Why not put the TC in neutral?
:) Unless your running some crazy drive-line angles, I don't see any reason to disconect the shafts.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
billdacat said:
Why not put the TC in neutral?
:) Unless your running some crazy drive-line angles, I don't see any reason to disconect the shafts.

According to the owners manual both the auto and manual should have their TC in neutral to tow. The auto transmission should be in park and the manual in gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts