Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I just recently had my RE SF 3 ½ inch lift installed and now I’m getting some vibes during acceleration, in the 20-45MPH range. I ordered and had installed adjustable upper rear control arms to help reduce the driveline angle but that didn’t work as expected, as I still ended up with vibes. I guess my question is, aside from getting a CV shaft is there anything else that I can do? I’m trying to recoup from the lift / tire install so I’m open to any suggestions. Also, who is running the Tom Woods Shaft? Is it a fairly easy install? If I could a ballpark figure on the cost of the shaft that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
dCvR~03Rubi said:
Hi All - I just recently had my RE SF 3 ½ inch lift installed and now I’m getting some vibes during acceleration, in the 20-45MPH range. I ordered and had installed adjustable upper rear control arms to help reduce the driveline angle but that didn’t work as expected, as I still ended up with vibes. I guess my question is, aside from getting a CV shaft is there anything else that I can do? I’m trying to recoup from the lift / tire install so I’m open to any suggestions. Also, who is running the Tom Woods Shaft? Is it a fairly easy install? If I could a ballpark figure on the cost of the shaft that would be greatly appreciated.

i have the TW shaft on my Rubi.. its a cure for vibes.
total cost including shipping UPS was 359.00
they provide an adapter to connect to its 5 min job to install.
Customer Service is the best ever!
1-877-497-4238 ask for Jeff or Tom

mac

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Vibes during acceleration means you have to shorten your rear upper control arms - lower your pinion.

You may also have your axle slightly off center from the frame, so re-check your trackbar centering.

Then there is also the possibility that your front pinion and yoke transfer case is out of adjustement as well, though the longer front driveshaft is more forgiving and isn't under load, though it still spins when in 2 wheel drive.

Good luck, and I adjusted my 3" lift and have no vibrations at all, kept the stock driveshaft, and didn't use a TC lowering kit.

If you go TW's, you will need to make the differential pinion and driveshaft parallel, lenthen the rear uppers to point pinion at the transfer case.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Looking at the picture you posted, it definately looks like the differential pinion is too high - almost how you would need it for a TW's shaft. Try shortening your upper arms a couple turns at a time and then take for a short drive until you get it dialed in - no more vibes during acceleration. If you go too far, you will start to get vibes during slowing down while in gear.

Good luck.

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I GOT MYSELF A WOODY AND IT FEELS SOOOO GOOD ;D NO VIBE AT ALL.

The vibes that I had on take off and the ones that I had between 25-45MPH are completely gone. This is by far the best upgrade ever!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts