Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was down in Joshua Tree over the weekend. So nice simple trails in the area. Beautiful place. Windy as hell and cold, but had a great time with family.
anyway at 27,000 mostly highway miles my 2017 got the drag link noise thing. I ordered a Synergy kit with the Fox stabilizer and tie rod. Of course everything is back ordered. Probably end of March till it comes in.
Question: Is it safe to keep driving like this? The drag link joint on the wheel side has a small amount of play. My brother has the same issue on his JL. He’s been waiting for parts for 3 months. He uses the Jeep all the time. Should I just park and wait or check and go?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
It should be under warranty, might be worth it to replace with OEM at least until the "real" parts arrive.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be under warranty, might be worth it to replace with OEM at least until the "real" parts arrive.
Pretty sure I’m over the years for warranty.
did some research and this flopping drag link seems to be common. I haven’t seen where anyone has had a catastrophic failure causing death, fire, Armageddon etc so FCA hasn’t designed anything new. My brother has an LJ and I guess those are the same.
I ordered the Synergy. Back ordered. My brother has been waiting a couple months. He gets his tomorrow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The factory DL does flop normally.
I've been happy with the Steersmarts YETI, we run them on both of our JKs.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The factory DL does flop normally.
I've been happy with the Steersmarts YETI, we run them on both of our JKs.
It shouldn’t flop normally. But from searching around the different forums it seems lots of them do. It seems the bend they have at the steering box side is the culprit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMO the factory DL and TR have enough play in them that I consider it flop. Maybe just a difference in definitions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts