Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these. Seems like a good way to store your doors when off the Jeep. Only concern I have is if the doors can hadle being suspended for long periods just on the hinge. What do you guys think?

http://www.doorcaddy.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BugMan,
I'm not sure about the hinge set-up, but I know Quadratec sells a door holder, that looks better in my opinion, and I'm thinking of buying it. It supports more then just the hinge.

Pick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered about the hinge type myself. I don't think I would hang my doors on that for a whole summer. It just doesn't look like it provides enough support.

I've decided to go with the Quadratec caddy.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phatjeeps said:
I wondered about the hinge type myself. I don't think I would hang my doors on that for a whole summer. It just doesn't look like it provides enough support.
Ditto, that seems to be a lot of stress on the hinges. It's a different story when its mounted to the vehicle as the door striker supports the other end of the door when it closed so it equals out the weight distribution.

Just my .02 1/2 cents......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was kind of what I was thinking too. Just wanted to see if everyone was in agreement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts