Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Why not use the OME LT shocks, I see you have OME's in your post, but are they the LT's. They have plenty of extension for your 4.5 RE kit. My front springs (RE 3.5's) unseat about 4 inches with them and the rears I can turn with a little muscle applied. I guess I don't understand your question. Which shocks are you trying to uses?

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say he meant shock relocator brackets. To avoid contact of the shock body and the spring perch.

G

·
0 Posts
Ahhh.. If that's the case then. I have the teraflex shock relocators on mine. With the RE 3.5 springs (I have adj UCA's) I netted about 4" in the back. I have not rolled my pinion yet (no vibes). I do top out the shocks before I hit the bump stops. When I do a double candan drive shaft and roll the pinion completely this will be solve my topping problem. I did need to install them to clear the OME shocks away from the spring perches. Only problem I have now it that the PS shock rubs on the exhaust, or is the other way around. :lol:

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I agree with Ron, go with the TeraFlex.

I had mine on for a while, but after I finished dialing in my CA length for wheelbase and driveshaft angles, I had too much contact (exhaust and fuel tank skid), so I took mine off. No problem at all without them for my set-up.

I think they are really needed for the CV driveshaft and I will put them back on once I upgrade the DS. The only downside I see with them, as you rotate the pinion up, the relocators go down, so they become more vulnerable to contact. Damn... nothing is ever free. :)

Ken

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think that the RE relocators that need to be welded in are the way to go. That way you can rotate your pinion to roughly where you want it and weld in the relocators. Being welded in you have a little more control over how far they hang down. The thing I don't like is the fact they stick out to the rear which will potentially catch on stuff.

Stitch: Why did you need to use the relocators? With the OME shocks I have no contact even though it comes really close. How would I find out if mine are the LT shocks? I got my shocks through a mail order reseller and I didn't even know OME had a distintion between LT and non LT.

G

·
0 Posts
Triver, your box should have said LT after the N66 or N67 on them. As for the need for the relocators, my problem was the same as Mikes, I was hitting and/ or I was very close throught the range of travel. Better safe than sorry. I was aware of the top out problem so I try not to drive it like a desert Pre-runner.

This is a pic of the LT compared to standard versus stock.

:lol: :lol: For those of you that may be confused. The long yellow one is the LT, the short Yellow one is standard, and the black toothpic in the center is the stock one. :lol: :lol:

Ron

·
Registered
499 Posts
We have the Teraflex relocators, needed them due to shocks making contact with the spring plate in the rear with a 4" lift. Shocks were mildly dented but work fine still. Have Nth Degree Shock Shifters in the garage. They are a weld on relocator which we've decided to wait to install until the warranty period. Last thing we want is a blown axle seal and DC blaming the shock shifters welded to the axle housing.

http://www.nthdegreemobility.com/shock_shifter.htm

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
PBR Stitch said:

:lol: :lol: For those of you that may be confused. The long yellow one is the LT, the short Yellow one is standard, and the black toothpic in the center is the stock one. :lol: :lol:

Ron
toes...in pic plzzzzzz explain!

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm.... Toes..... Ahhh... I know there's an explanation.... :lol: :lol: Heck I don't remember, probably took my shoes off to run in the house and snapped the pic real quick before I did. Either that or.

Cue music... You put your left foot in, take your right foot out.....

Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts