Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to Dixie Run and had a Blast! Saw two Rubicons while I was there, a red one and a Light Khak. metallic. Anyway I took the Rubi through some hard core stuff and made some people's jaws drop :jaw: .

I went up upper two which was fairly hard especially stock, up guardrail, up part of hellicopter pad, and down Schoolbus Hill all without help. Let me tell you this is not something to try with a stock Jeep, but what can I say, I'm a BADASS! Everyone I was with ran tires that were at least 39.5" or larger. I made believers out of them not to mention I heard several comments that made me smile. Everyone there watched in amazement as I traveled up rocks that dwarfed my 31" MTR's without being winched or strapped. I am use to running with the BIG BOYS because when I had my sport I would follow behind them with my detroit and 33" Baja Claws. This time was alittle different tho, I was driving a new STOCK Jeep! They all loved it, at first I think they all thought I would turn around and see them later but when they saw me ready to go they were all in disbelief. :shock:

Here are some pics, ENJOY!

Here I am flexin the stock suspension with the sway bars disconnected.

Well I started up upper two and though these pics don't do the steep incline justice, you get the point.

Here is a pic just before we hit Guardrail, unfortunately this is the point where my digital camera's battery decided to quit on me, DAMMIT :mad:

These are my body damage pics:

This is from comming down school bus.

Another angle of the damage.

Here is my rear tire that got sliced by my muffler going up guardrail. Half way up when I was giving it hell and making incredible progress I lost this tires air. Kept on going even tho I heard the loud fizzing of the air releasing. Everyone was telling me it was my exhaust pipe that I had just bent under me but it turned out to be the tire. Made it right up guardrail tho. Notice the rear bumperette, it had a little tago with a rock on upper two.

This damage is from lower two (the ones I actually have pics of) going up that big ass rock and leaning against that bank. It saved my rear tail light not to mention the body.

Here is my approach angle, if you look closely maybe you can see the scratches. I would literally come up to rocks so big that my bumper would touch before my tires. Then I would climb it because, like I said before, I'm a BADASS!

Total damage was scratches on all fender flares a smashed rear bumperette, bent tail pipe (hacked it off when I got to Knoxville, sounded like a ricer sort of :lol: ) and my rear shock got ripped off by my dangling tail pipe. The tailpipe and tire occured on guardrail while the body damage occured on School Bus Hill. School Bus was insanely steep, my jeep would literally Ski down boulders bigger than the jeep.

And finally here are some random pics of the event:

Remember these guys are all running 39.5" or larger tires and badass drivetrains ( 14 bolts & 60's or Rockwells, V8's, and everything that goes with this setup: Rock Ram, suspension systems of all kinds, etc...). Exempt that pic of the two same in a row, that's just a random pic.

I hate it that my battery went dead but I was able to get some more pics on Slick Rock with my Cell Phone. If I can I will try to get internet service so that I can post my pics. Later I will try to post some more pics. Let me know what ya'll think, Brian.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Looks like you had a great time and initiated the Ruby properly!

Ken

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's one more, I'll post more when I get time to put them on imagestation later this week.

Here is a buddy's jeep with rockwells and a 4.0L. He has run two 350 Chevy engines and likes the 4.0 better.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some more pics!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!
gladd you had a fun trip
thanks for the pics....
:D

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And a few more:

On the way, somewhere over Spring Hill TN, not Tellico.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry some of these pics start getting repetitious but they are all I have other than what is on my Cell phone due to my camera crapping out on me. If I can I will get the internet service for my phone and post those pics. They are mostly from Hardrock.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Nice Pix............Damn big JP's down there..

·
Registered
352 Posts
DANG!!!!!!!!!!

None of these pics are working. I can't see them. There was also a white ruby there last year on 33's that will be a little bit bigger and bada$$ this year!! Look for it in the main field near the stage!!!! LMAO!!!!!:):)

"KRAWLER"

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: DANG!!!!!!!!!!

Rubikrawler said:
None of these pics are working. I can't see them. There was also a white ruby there last year on 33's that will be a little bit bigger and bada$$ this year!! Look for it in the main field near the stage!!!! LMAO!!!!!:):)

"KRAWLER"
They have probably been moved...look @ the date of the posts.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Make sure where you cut your tail pipe off it doesn't melt your gas tank. Then again your a bad A$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts