Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rubicon difs. HELP!!!!

I am building 4 Dana 44 Difs for 2 for myself and 2 for a friend. Most of these I bought as parts over the years. 2 front Rubicon one rear rubicon and 1 rear was a 2000 TJ rear I took apart over 10 years ago. The gear on the left shows how the 2000 TJ came apart. No oil slinger under the rear pinion bearing but a concave one over the front. The one on the right came with a large oil slinger under the rear pinion bearing but none under the front. And
One came with no oil slingers. I looked every where and found 3 listings by Yukon gear. They showed the 3 slingers on the floor. The one on the right is larger than the one under the rear pinion bearing. It has a P/N COMBAF30764. The concave one on the left is also a rear pinion slinger P/N COMBAF307065. The front pinion oil slinger on the gear on the left has a front slinger that is concave and the last one on the floor has a P/N COMBAF13585. These are not the numbers from Yukon these are the numbers on the slingers. What is the correct way to install these. With or with out slingers? And which one goes where. The rear pinion bearing slingers have a larger hole than the front

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
733 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2000 TJ D44 but for the TJR (right picture) you can reuse the original oil slinger with a new inner bearing. For the outer there is no slinger but that is where your preload shims will go.

A lot of times those overhaul kits include "extra" parts for model-specific D44s. A good resource I've found is Denny's Driveshaft website.

Make sure the inner shims go behind the race.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts